Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to join?
All you need to do is:
- Create an iDine® account by providing your name, address, phone number, and email on our secure website.
- Register any credit and/or debit cards you plan to use at restaurants, bars, or clubs.
- Then, just dine at any program location.
There are no special ID cards or membership numbers to remember. Membership is free and easy!
How much can I earn with iDine?
How often you dine — and how much you spend — determines how much you earn.
EARN 5% BACK
when you spend less than $750 per year, and opt in for email notifications from iDine.
EARN 10% BACK
when you spend $750 or more per year, and opt in for email notifications from iDine.
Pretty simple, right?
Why do I need to log in to the Account Center?
Creating an account and logging in when you visit iDine.com will allow you to:
- Track the status of your benefits.
- Write and view online surveys, which is an important requirement for building your benefits.
- View the latest updates on new dining spots and bonus offers.
- Create and access a list of personal favorite restaurants, bars, and clubs.
- Update your street address for receipt of Reward Cards.
- Update your email address for receipt of program information and online review links.
- Update your credit and/or debit card information in order to earn rewards for your spending.
Can I switch to a different reward program?
For sure! You can easily switch to any other Rewards Network program by calling Member Services at 877-491-3463.
Why do I want to receive email from iDine?
Email is the primary way we keep in touch with our members, and opting in to receive email from iDine is required in order for you to receive your benefits.
What kind of email will I receive from iDine?
Types of emails you may receive, approximately once a week, include:
- Member recommendations
- New restaurants in your area that have joined the program
- Opportunities to earn bonus rewards on special occasions
- Administrative emails, such as reward confirmations or review reminders
Why am I not getting emails?
- You may have accidentally opted-out of receiving email from iDine.
- Your email address may have become undeliverable.
- You may have marked an email sent by iDine.com as spam.
Just add (or re-add) an email address to your account center, and your ability to earn rewards will instantly resume.
Why do I need to write a review?
Reviews help iDine restaurants know how you feel about their food, service, cleanliness and value. Completing a review after every restaurant visit is required in order for you to receive your rewards.
How do I write my review?
- A few days after you visit to a participating restaurant, you'll receive an email with a link to complete a review.
- Review submission forms can also be accessed via your Account Center.
- The review only takes 2 minutes to complete.
- Feel free to have fun and be colorful – but please also be honest and accurate. See our content guidelines for further clarification.
Who will read my review?
The content of your review will be public on iDine.com, and will also be sent to the restaurant you visited.
But no worries about your identity! Only your initials and city/state will be displayed for the restaurant and other diners to see.
When do benefits get sent to me?
- Once you reach $20 in rewards, an American Express Reward Card will be mailed to you the following month.
- The Reward Card includes all unrewarded earnings you have built up through the end of the month before it is mailed.
- It can take up to two weeks for your Reward Card to be mailed to you.
- You can use your Reward Card to make purchases virtually anywhere American Express Cards are accepted.
Why can’t I see my last transaction?
- It may take up to five days for a transaction to appear after dining, depending on the restaurant’s credit card handling.
- You did not use a credit or debit card registered in your iDine account to pay your check.
- You dined on a blackout day, indicated on the restaurant’s information page.
- You dined at a restaurant that left the iDine program prior to the date you visited.
What if I lost my Reward Card?
Please call iDine at 877–491–3463. Member Services can use reasonable efforts to void the missing Reward Card, return the funds to your account, and/or reissue the card.
Other questions about Reward Cards?
Visit www.americanexpress.com/reward or call 800–297–7327 and provide the number on your Reward Card.
Any other questions?
Please call iDine Member Services at 877–491–3463 or email us at email@example.com.